Monday, August 10, 2009

Good Design

Despite the assumed male stereotype of knowing everything about cars I do not, which was a challenge on my behalf. Initially I looked up the specifications of this car which wasnt a remedy for my confusion. I began looking at different images of the Holden Sportwagon from different views and compared it with various sportwagon.
My interest slowly escalated as this unique design caught my eye. My first thought was.. wow, for a family car its quite sexy, even despite the enlogated derriere. Overall I was quite impressed with the design of this car, combining the humility of a family car with the sex appeal of a sports car.

This task was alot harder than expected, although the pain was eased by photoshop. The ability to describe and analyse anything without mentioning its specifications or operational features is one of the hardest tasks Ive come across.
As I soldiered on I began to enjoy myself as I learnt and explored various elements of design including form, shape, texture, line, and especially contrast. I have learnt quite alot from this simple yet time consuming task, as well as expanded my vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment